Skip to main content

Vir Das on his new show Inside Out December 01, 2020 at 11:24AM

Vir Das is ready with a new show. It’s called Inside Out and it premiers on Netflix on December 16. Explaining the concept behind the show Vir says, “It started out just to raise money for different charities. I'd do an online show every night to raise money and give the ticket sales away. To warm up the audience I'd ask 'what’s the first thing you're going to do when the world is normal again?'. Suddenly people all over opened up about their dreams. And I knew this was a moment I needed to capture. So the entire show is a comedian asking people across the world that one question.”

Vir Das on his new show Inside Out

Vir says he enjoyed his lockdown period. “I’ve been a circus performer for the past decade, travelling seven months a year. So I’ve never had this kind of time at home. So it’s nice to have this pause. So far I’ve been regurgitating output for the past decade now I’ve time to ingest content. And I had really been ignoring the digital platform. So far I had done some stand-up on Netflix. But never played the YouTube or the Instagram game. I am just taking time off to put up some uplifting feel-good content on those two platforms.”

For the lockdown entertainment seekers Vir has daily treat. “I set up a show on zoom every night where I work way my backward through the day. It’s a 90-minute daily show with tickets sold and the proceeds going to various charities and causes, like Helpage, migrant workers, children with cancer.”

Vir feel the lockdown is the best thing that could have happened to contain the virus. “Absolutely I feel our central government and state ministers have done a really good job. Every country is marching to its own beat in this Corona crisis. India too is doing its own thing and the Government decided on the lockdown at the right time. But I would love to see more testing kits and better relief packages.”

Also Read: Vir Das’ lockdown special Inside Out to premiere on Netflix worldwide on December 16



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/33rUii3
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sonu Sood’s character gets larger-than-life upgrade in Kandireega sequel after his philanthropic work September 28, 2020 at 05:22PM

Actor Sonu Sood is back to work. After spending the lockdown by helping the migrants and daily wage workers, the actor has landed in Hyderabad for the sequel of the Telugu film, Kandireega. The actor, who began work on Monday, September 28, has seen an upgrade in his character. After seeing his philanthropic work over the last six months, the makers of the film decided to make his character larger-than-life. The makers reportedly had completed 80 percent of the film but Sonu revealed to a daily that after his work, they decided to make changes in the character. He started work on Monday with all new dialogues. He will be in Hyderabad for a week before coming back to Mumbai to resume the shoot of Prithviraj on October 7 or 8. He has a few ad shoots that he plans to film in the evenings. Sonu Sood will be working double shifts in order to complete his schedule. ALSO READ: Sonu Sood reveals why he walked out of Kangana Ranaut’s Manikarnika from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie...

SCOOP: Filmfare Awards, Screen Awards, Zee Cine Awards won't take place next year? November 25, 2020 at 11:19AM

The beginning of a new year brings a lot of positivity and hope, and also ushers in the awards season. However, 2021 might be an exception in this regard. The Coronavirus pandemic has led to a lot of change in the status quo of all fields and Bollywood is no exception. With the disease still not in control, the battle against the virus will continue in 2021 as well. And this would mean the awards ceremony, televised to a million viewers globally, might not happen at all. A source claims, “The major award shows like Filmfare Awards, Screen Awards, Zee Cine Awards etc might not take place in 2021. These ceremonies involve celebrities from all walks of lives congregating in huge numbers at a particular venue. In times of social distancing, that won’t be a practical thing to do. And most importantly, there have hardly been any releases in 2020. After March 13, there has been no major release in the post-lockdown period. Only Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari released in this season and a couple of ...

All crowd scenes & action scenes in Bhansali’s Alia Bhatt starrer Gangubai Kathiawadi pushed forward November 26, 2020 at 11:14AM

The shooting of  Gangubai Kathiawadi  is on full-swing at Film City where a massive set had been erected six months ago. Miraculously the set remained intact through rain and sunshine. “SLB plans to continue shooting throughout November. But all the sequences involving large crowds have been pushed to later. Right now the director is shooting scenes with Alia Bhatt and her co-star Shantanu Maheshwari,” informs a source close to the project. Apparently, there are several action scenes waiting for the director’s attention. These have been postponed until the Covid-19 situation gets better. Also Read:  Gangubai Kathiawadi: Alia Bhatt resumes shooting of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s next, 50-member team handpicked for the schedule from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/2V2mWll via