Skip to main content

Arjun Kapoor and Rakul Preet Singh’s Sardar & Grandson to opt for release on Netflix in January 2021? November 28, 2020 at 03:27PM

While the cinemas have reopened just last month, they’re still running on a 50% capacity considering the rise in COVID-19 cases. The filmmakers, despite the cinemas reopening have been opting for OTT releases to avoid losses. After Varun Dhawan and Sara Ali Khan’s Coolie No. 1 opting for an OTT release, it’s Arjun Kapoor and Rakul Preet Singh starrer Sardar & Grandson next in the queue. The film has recently attained its title and the shoot wrapped up a couple of months ago, now the makers are looking to release it on Netflix.

Arjun Kapoor and Rakul Preet Singh’s Sardar & Grandson to opt release on Netflix in January 2021

Considering the financial aspects, the makers do not want to risk a theatrical release when they are running only on a 50% capacity rate. The budget of Sardar & Grandson is of Rs. 30 crores, costing more than Kiara Advani starrer Indoo Ki Jawani. The makers of the film have apparently finalized the deal with Netflix as it gives a better chance at the return of investment to the producers, Nikkhil Advani, John Abraham, and Bhushan Kumar. The trio have joined hands together for the film and have already received a fixed amount that eliminates the losses they might incur in theatres.

Sardar & Grandson also stars Aditi Rao Hydari and John Abraham in special appearances and is directed by debutant director Kaashvie Nair. The movie is said to be revolving around the love and the bond between two different eras.

Also Read: “It’s actually refreshing to be outdoors and shooting for a film”, says Arjun Kapoor about Bhoot Police



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/37jRch2
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paresh Rawal replaces Rishi Kapoor and resumes shoot for Sharmaji Namkeen June 30, 2021 at 04:06PM

As the Maharashtra government announced some ease in lockdown restrictions, many films have resumed their shoots. Late actor Rishi Kapoor's last film Sharmaji Namkeen has also gone on floors. Rishi played the central character in the movie and passed away on April 30, last year. His remaining portions of the film were taken over by veteran actor Paresh Rawal. Paresh Rawal started shooting for the remaining portions in March this year. However, with the second wave of the novel coronavirus, the shoot came to a halt again. According to a daily, Paresh Rawal has resumed the shoot for an important sequence at a school in Goregaon, Mumbai which also features Juhi Chawla and Satish Kaushik. The team along with Paresh Rawal will shoot for a week-long schedule, after which the movie will wrap up and go for the post-production process. The makers are hoping to release the film on Rishi Kapoor’s birth anniversary on September 4. Helmed by Hitesh Bhatia Sharmaji Namkeen revolves around ...

Irrfan Khan to be seen on the silver screen in 2021 with the release of The Song of Scorpions December 28, 2020 at 07:02PM

Actor Irrfan Khan, who passed away in April this year, will be seen on the silver screen for one last time in 2021. The actor's last film titled The Song of Scorpions will release in theatres next year. The Song of Scorpions was first premiered in 2017 at the Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland. Written and directed by Anup Singh, the film will be released in early 2021. Abhishek Pathak, producer and director at Panorama Spotlight, in a statement said, "We will be offering this film to the audiences as a tribute to the beloved star of Indian cinema. The era of cinema in India and abroad has benefitted from his acting prowess and we're happy to have canvassed his swansong." Irrfan's son Babil Khan shared the film's motion poster on Instagram and wrote, "One more time, perhaps not the last. #thesongofscorpions (sic)."   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Babil (@babil.i.k) The Song of Scorpio...

The city of Patna boycotts Salman Khan over actor's suicide June 23, 2020 at 10:50AM

Patna-born Bollywood star Sushant Singh Rajput has attained a much larger stardom after his sudden and shocking suicide on June 14, than before. While his death has triggered off a massive outrage against the spirit of nepotism that prevails in Mumbai’s film industry, the ramifications of the tragedy can be felt and heard far and wide across India. In Patna, the capital city of Bihar where Rajput was born, the people have taken a vow to ban superstar Salman Khan, filmmaker Karan Johar and actress Alia Bhatt as these are seen to be emblems of the clannish culture in Mumbai that prevented Sushant Singh Rajput from realizing his full potential in Hindi cinema. Since Sunday Bihar has been plunged into a state of relentless grief and anger over the death of their star-son Rajput who ended his life at the age of 34, allegedly because of what has come to be known as the ‘nepo(tism) gang’ in Mumbai. On Thursday hordes of young Rajput fans in Patna marched to Salman Khan’s Being Human clothes...