Skip to main content

Priyanka Chopra pledges to donate $100,000 to women serving in forces and industry amid coronavirus pandemic April 01, 2020 at 09:36AM

Priyanka Chopra is doing her bit amid coronavirus pandemic. The actress, who is stationed in Los Angeles with her husband Nick Jonas, has announced that she will donate $100,000 in total to aid women who have been working in the industry amid this crisis or serving in security forces.

Priyanka Chopra pledges to donate $100,000 to women serving in forces and industry amid coronavirus pandemic

In a video, Priyanka Chopra said, “I hope you all are safe, this is a crazy time.” Talking about the campaign, she wrote, “Our worlds changed quickly, and needless to say, we couldn’t go forward with our original plans to launch this campaign. So, each week I’ll go live with @bonvivspikedseltzer to share the stories of four women who are overcoming the struggles of our new realities in their own powerful way. If you know a woman we should highlight, visit the link in my bio for the next steps. We are all in this together. #togetherwomenrise #partner.”

“We will be donating $100,000 in total to women who are rising above everything during this crisis. If you know a woman we should highlight, share her story with us, whether she is in the service industry, from a large business, small business owner, or first responders on the front lines. We want to commemorate her. #TogetherWomenRise,” the actress said in a statement.

A day, Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas donated to several charities including PM-CARES Fund, Unicef, Feeding America, and Goonj among many others to fight the coronavirus. “These organizations are doing amazing work by helping those impacted by #Covid19. They are feeding the hungry, supporting doctors and first responders, helping low income and homeless communities, and supporting our colleagues in the entertainment industry. They need your support too, and we would implore you to donate as well. I have linked to each org with a swipe up in my stories... no donation is too small. Together we can help the world beat this,” she wrote on Twitter.

ALSO READ: Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas contribute to PM-Cares fund and UNICEF, urge others to come forward



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/2xHmEYI
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paresh Rawal replaces Rishi Kapoor and resumes shoot for Sharmaji Namkeen June 30, 2021 at 04:06PM

As the Maharashtra government announced some ease in lockdown restrictions, many films have resumed their shoots. Late actor Rishi Kapoor's last film Sharmaji Namkeen has also gone on floors. Rishi played the central character in the movie and passed away on April 30, last year. His remaining portions of the film were taken over by veteran actor Paresh Rawal. Paresh Rawal started shooting for the remaining portions in March this year. However, with the second wave of the novel coronavirus, the shoot came to a halt again. According to a daily, Paresh Rawal has resumed the shoot for an important sequence at a school in Goregaon, Mumbai which also features Juhi Chawla and Satish Kaushik. The team along with Paresh Rawal will shoot for a week-long schedule, after which the movie will wrap up and go for the post-production process. The makers are hoping to release the film on Rishi Kapoor’s birth anniversary on September 4. Helmed by Hitesh Bhatia Sharmaji Namkeen revolves around ...

Irrfan Khan to be seen on the silver screen in 2021 with the release of The Song of Scorpions December 28, 2020 at 07:02PM

Actor Irrfan Khan, who passed away in April this year, will be seen on the silver screen for one last time in 2021. The actor's last film titled The Song of Scorpions will release in theatres next year. The Song of Scorpions was first premiered in 2017 at the Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland. Written and directed by Anup Singh, the film will be released in early 2021. Abhishek Pathak, producer and director at Panorama Spotlight, in a statement said, "We will be offering this film to the audiences as a tribute to the beloved star of Indian cinema. The era of cinema in India and abroad has benefitted from his acting prowess and we're happy to have canvassed his swansong." Irrfan's son Babil Khan shared the film's motion poster on Instagram and wrote, "One more time, perhaps not the last. #thesongofscorpions (sic)."   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Babil (@babil.i.k) The Song of Scorpio...

The city of Patna boycotts Salman Khan over actor's suicide June 23, 2020 at 10:50AM

Patna-born Bollywood star Sushant Singh Rajput has attained a much larger stardom after his sudden and shocking suicide on June 14, than before. While his death has triggered off a massive outrage against the spirit of nepotism that prevails in Mumbai’s film industry, the ramifications of the tragedy can be felt and heard far and wide across India. In Patna, the capital city of Bihar where Rajput was born, the people have taken a vow to ban superstar Salman Khan, filmmaker Karan Johar and actress Alia Bhatt as these are seen to be emblems of the clannish culture in Mumbai that prevented Sushant Singh Rajput from realizing his full potential in Hindi cinema. Since Sunday Bihar has been plunged into a state of relentless grief and anger over the death of their star-son Rajput who ended his life at the age of 34, allegedly because of what has come to be known as the ‘nepo(tism) gang’ in Mumbai. On Thursday hordes of young Rajput fans in Patna marched to Salman Khan’s Being Human clothes...