Skip to main content

Ajay Devgn helps set up a 20-bed Covid ICU in Mumbai’s Shivaji Park April 28, 2021 at 09:45AM

The second wave of Coronavirus has been far more extreme and has spread its wings across the country. The city of Mumbai is now past it’s peak and has seen a steady decrease in cases. But still, around 4000 people are testing positive for the deadly virus each day, resulting in shortage of hospital beds. The authorities, hence, have been trying their best to increase the beds wherever possible. Bollywood actors, too, have been helping them so that the infrastructure could be ramped as soon as possible.

Ajay Devgn helps set up a 20-bed Covid ICU in Mumbai’s Shivaji Park

It has now come to light that Bollywood superstar Ajay Devgn has made a significant contribution in this regard. He, along with the help of his colleagues from Bollywood, gave Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) a sum of Rs. 1 crore to help set up a 20-bed Covid ICU. This makeshift hospital has been erected at the Bharat Scouts and Guides Hall, located in Mumbai’s Shivaji Park area. A report confirmed that the said amount was donated to the BMC for the noble work by Ajay Devgn’s organization, NY Foundation.

This Covid ICU is well equipped with para-monitors, ventilators, oxygen support and will be managed by doctors of the P D Hinduja Hospital, located a stone's throw's distance away from Shivaji Park. Joy Chakraborty, COO of Hinduja Hospital, stated that it will be an extension of Hinduja and that food, linen, medicine, manpower etc will be provided by their management. Meanwhile, local corporator Vishakha Raut confirmed that Ajay Devgn supported them in putting together the temporary ICU and appreciated this gesture. She also added that it was much-needed as P D Hinduja Hospital was packed to capacity and there was a need for more ICU beds in the vicinity.

On the film front, Ajay Devgn was last seen in 2020’s biggest grosser, Tanhaji – The Unsung Warrior. His next release will be on Disney+ Hotstar, the war drama, Bhuj – The Pride Of India and is expected to release on Independence Day 2021. As for his theatrical releases, he’ll be seen in the period sports flick, Maidaan and in extended special appearances in S S Rajamouli’s RRR and Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Gangubai Kathiawadi. He’ll soon begin work on Thank God, which also features Sidharth Malhotra and Rakul Preet Singh. Finally, he’s also currently shooting for his directorial venture, MayDay, which also sees him as an actor along with Amitabh Bachchan and Rakul Preet Singh.

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: “Ajay Devgn is EXCITED about his OTT debut,” says Rudra – The Edge Of Darkness director Rajesh Mapuskar



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/3dYg6ri
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paresh Rawal replaces Rishi Kapoor and resumes shoot for Sharmaji Namkeen June 30, 2021 at 04:06PM

As the Maharashtra government announced some ease in lockdown restrictions, many films have resumed their shoots. Late actor Rishi Kapoor's last film Sharmaji Namkeen has also gone on floors. Rishi played the central character in the movie and passed away on April 30, last year. His remaining portions of the film were taken over by veteran actor Paresh Rawal. Paresh Rawal started shooting for the remaining portions in March this year. However, with the second wave of the novel coronavirus, the shoot came to a halt again. According to a daily, Paresh Rawal has resumed the shoot for an important sequence at a school in Goregaon, Mumbai which also features Juhi Chawla and Satish Kaushik. The team along with Paresh Rawal will shoot for a week-long schedule, after which the movie will wrap up and go for the post-production process. The makers are hoping to release the film on Rishi Kapoor’s birth anniversary on September 4. Helmed by Hitesh Bhatia Sharmaji Namkeen revolves around ...

Irrfan Khan to be seen on the silver screen in 2021 with the release of The Song of Scorpions December 28, 2020 at 07:02PM

Actor Irrfan Khan, who passed away in April this year, will be seen on the silver screen for one last time in 2021. The actor's last film titled The Song of Scorpions will release in theatres next year. The Song of Scorpions was first premiered in 2017 at the Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland. Written and directed by Anup Singh, the film will be released in early 2021. Abhishek Pathak, producer and director at Panorama Spotlight, in a statement said, "We will be offering this film to the audiences as a tribute to the beloved star of Indian cinema. The era of cinema in India and abroad has benefitted from his acting prowess and we're happy to have canvassed his swansong." Irrfan's son Babil Khan shared the film's motion poster on Instagram and wrote, "One more time, perhaps not the last. #thesongofscorpions (sic)."   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Babil (@babil.i.k) The Song of Scorpio...

The city of Patna boycotts Salman Khan over actor's suicide June 23, 2020 at 10:50AM

Patna-born Bollywood star Sushant Singh Rajput has attained a much larger stardom after his sudden and shocking suicide on June 14, than before. While his death has triggered off a massive outrage against the spirit of nepotism that prevails in Mumbai’s film industry, the ramifications of the tragedy can be felt and heard far and wide across India. In Patna, the capital city of Bihar where Rajput was born, the people have taken a vow to ban superstar Salman Khan, filmmaker Karan Johar and actress Alia Bhatt as these are seen to be emblems of the clannish culture in Mumbai that prevented Sushant Singh Rajput from realizing his full potential in Hindi cinema. Since Sunday Bihar has been plunged into a state of relentless grief and anger over the death of their star-son Rajput who ended his life at the age of 34, allegedly because of what has come to be known as the ‘nepo(tism) gang’ in Mumbai. On Thursday hordes of young Rajput fans in Patna marched to Salman Khan’s Being Human clothes...