Skip to main content

Mirzapur 2 producers issue an apology to insulted Hindi writer October 30, 2020 at 10:16PM

The most absurd and unreasonable thing that a scriptwriter can do is use the names of books and movies as props in an inappropriate context. Uttar Pradesh's 81-year-old popular Hindi novelist Surender Mohan Pathak was shocked when he saw his bestselling crime novel Dhabba in the disappointingly slapdash sequel to the web series Mirzapur 2. Neither the producers Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar nor the Mirzapur writers had approached Pathak before using his novel in their series.

Mirzapur 2 producers issue an apology to insulted Hindi writer

This in itself is a serious copyright infringement. But what was to follow was worse. Actor Khulbushan Kharbanda was seen reading the novel Dhabba. But the content, as voiced in a voiceover was extremely erotic and according to Surender Mohan Pathak, pornographic. "I had written none of what was attributed to me by the voiceover in Dhabba. Imagine a generation that is not familiar with my work seeing and hearing what is credited to me Mirzapur. They will think I am a sleaze writer," says Pathak. And he's right.

Imagine if the audience enters to see Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar's Dil Chahta Hai when suddenly a scene from Kya Kool Hain Hum begins to play. How would they feel? It is not only wrong to infringe on the creative domain of any artiste, it is a criminal offence to use anyone's creative output out of context. What a shame that producers like Sidhwani and Akhtar don't know the basic rules of generating content. Excel Entertainment has issued an apology and has promised to rectify the monstrous error in three weeks.

Three weeks? When the entire world would have already seen what's been done to the name and reputation of a well-known writer?

ALSO READ: Hindi writer Surender Mohan Pathak to file a case against Mirzapur 2 makers in Delhi High Court



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/3edc9O0
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paresh Rawal replaces Rishi Kapoor and resumes shoot for Sharmaji Namkeen June 30, 2021 at 04:06PM

As the Maharashtra government announced some ease in lockdown restrictions, many films have resumed their shoots. Late actor Rishi Kapoor's last film Sharmaji Namkeen has also gone on floors. Rishi played the central character in the movie and passed away on April 30, last year. His remaining portions of the film were taken over by veteran actor Paresh Rawal. Paresh Rawal started shooting for the remaining portions in March this year. However, with the second wave of the novel coronavirus, the shoot came to a halt again. According to a daily, Paresh Rawal has resumed the shoot for an important sequence at a school in Goregaon, Mumbai which also features Juhi Chawla and Satish Kaushik. The team along with Paresh Rawal will shoot for a week-long schedule, after which the movie will wrap up and go for the post-production process. The makers are hoping to release the film on Rishi Kapoor’s birth anniversary on September 4. Helmed by Hitesh Bhatia Sharmaji Namkeen revolves around ...

Irrfan Khan to be seen on the silver screen in 2021 with the release of The Song of Scorpions December 28, 2020 at 07:02PM

Actor Irrfan Khan, who passed away in April this year, will be seen on the silver screen for one last time in 2021. The actor's last film titled The Song of Scorpions will release in theatres next year. The Song of Scorpions was first premiered in 2017 at the Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland. Written and directed by Anup Singh, the film will be released in early 2021. Abhishek Pathak, producer and director at Panorama Spotlight, in a statement said, "We will be offering this film to the audiences as a tribute to the beloved star of Indian cinema. The era of cinema in India and abroad has benefitted from his acting prowess and we're happy to have canvassed his swansong." Irrfan's son Babil Khan shared the film's motion poster on Instagram and wrote, "One more time, perhaps not the last. #thesongofscorpions (sic)."   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Babil (@babil.i.k) The Song of Scorpio...

The city of Patna boycotts Salman Khan over actor's suicide June 23, 2020 at 10:50AM

Patna-born Bollywood star Sushant Singh Rajput has attained a much larger stardom after his sudden and shocking suicide on June 14, than before. While his death has triggered off a massive outrage against the spirit of nepotism that prevails in Mumbai’s film industry, the ramifications of the tragedy can be felt and heard far and wide across India. In Patna, the capital city of Bihar where Rajput was born, the people have taken a vow to ban superstar Salman Khan, filmmaker Karan Johar and actress Alia Bhatt as these are seen to be emblems of the clannish culture in Mumbai that prevented Sushant Singh Rajput from realizing his full potential in Hindi cinema. Since Sunday Bihar has been plunged into a state of relentless grief and anger over the death of their star-son Rajput who ended his life at the age of 34, allegedly because of what has come to be known as the ‘nepo(tism) gang’ in Mumbai. On Thursday hordes of young Rajput fans in Patna marched to Salman Khan’s Being Human clothes...