Skip to main content

Raj Kundra’s anticipatory bail application rejected by the Bombay High Court November 26, 2021 at 12:59PM

Earlier this week, Raj Kundra had applied for an anticipatory bail at the Bombay High Court. On Thursday, the Bombay HC rejected the anticipatory bail application by the businessman. The application was filed in connection with an FIR registered against him for an alleged pornography case. A detailed order of the same is awaited.

Raj Kundra’s anticipatory bail application rejected by the Bombay High Court

The cyber cell of the Mumbai Police filed a case against Kundra under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code, Indecent Representation of Women (Prevention) Act, and Information Technology Act for allegedly distributing/ transmitting sexually explicit videos.

Kundra had first applied for anticipatory bail in the sessions court but it was rejected. He later applied at the HC and said that he was being framed. Sherlyn Chopra and Poonam Pandey have been named as co-accused in the FIR.

Kundra was earlier arrested by the Mumbai crime branch on July 19 for allegedly producing and distributing porn films using a subscriber-driven mobile app called "HotShots." Kundra was booked under sections 420 (cheating), 34 (common intention), 292 and 293 (related to obscene and indecent advertisements and displays) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), other than areas of the IT Act and the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act. He was likewise allowed bail in September after Mumbai police recorded a charge sheet against him.

ALSO READ: Raj Kundra makes his first public appearance with wife Shilpa Shetty post bail in pornography-related case



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/3xqAKZ9
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paresh Rawal replaces Rishi Kapoor and resumes shoot for Sharmaji Namkeen June 30, 2021 at 04:06PM

As the Maharashtra government announced some ease in lockdown restrictions, many films have resumed their shoots. Late actor Rishi Kapoor's last film Sharmaji Namkeen has also gone on floors. Rishi played the central character in the movie and passed away on April 30, last year. His remaining portions of the film were taken over by veteran actor Paresh Rawal. Paresh Rawal started shooting for the remaining portions in March this year. However, with the second wave of the novel coronavirus, the shoot came to a halt again. According to a daily, Paresh Rawal has resumed the shoot for an important sequence at a school in Goregaon, Mumbai which also features Juhi Chawla and Satish Kaushik. The team along with Paresh Rawal will shoot for a week-long schedule, after which the movie will wrap up and go for the post-production process. The makers are hoping to release the film on Rishi Kapoor’s birth anniversary on September 4. Helmed by Hitesh Bhatia Sharmaji Namkeen revolves around ...

Irrfan Khan to be seen on the silver screen in 2021 with the release of The Song of Scorpions December 28, 2020 at 07:02PM

Actor Irrfan Khan, who passed away in April this year, will be seen on the silver screen for one last time in 2021. The actor's last film titled The Song of Scorpions will release in theatres next year. The Song of Scorpions was first premiered in 2017 at the Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland. Written and directed by Anup Singh, the film will be released in early 2021. Abhishek Pathak, producer and director at Panorama Spotlight, in a statement said, "We will be offering this film to the audiences as a tribute to the beloved star of Indian cinema. The era of cinema in India and abroad has benefitted from his acting prowess and we're happy to have canvassed his swansong." Irrfan's son Babil Khan shared the film's motion poster on Instagram and wrote, "One more time, perhaps not the last. #thesongofscorpions (sic)."   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Babil (@babil.i.k) The Song of Scorpio...

Rannvijay Singha to host the first season of Shark Tank India November 26, 2021 at 06:20PM

All set to turn entrepreneurial dreams into reality, Sony Entertainment Television brings the first season of the globally renowned business reality show, Shark Tank to India. Premiering on 20th December, this revolutionary show will give an opportunity for budding entrepreneurs to present their business ideas to experienced investors and business experts a.k.a The Sharks. A perfect pitch is all that will take to impress the Sharks. The highly anticipated show has already built an immense curiosity amongst the audience with the The Sharks reveal. Adding on to the excitement, Sony Entertainment Television roped in the dashing actor and popular youth icon, Rannvijay Singha as the host of the show. While ‘The Sharks’ will play a key role in developing India’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, host Rannvijay will act as a guide for the audience. He will explain the format of this first-of-its-kind concept, introduce the innovative business ideas on the show, and will simplify the key business...