Skip to main content

Sushant Singh Rajput Death: Mahesh Bhatt clarifies that Sushant was never offered Sadak 2 in his statement to Police July 28, 2020 at 10:00AM

Actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s untimely demise has sent shockwaves across the nation. As the family, friends, and fans mourn the loss of the actor, Mumbai Police is currently investigating his death and what led to the actor taking such a step. This past weekend, it was informed by Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh that Mumbai Police summoned filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, Kangana Ranaut and Dharma Productions’ CEO, Apoorva Mehta, to record their statements. They will summon Karan Johar too if required.

Sushant Singh Rajput Death: Mahesh Bhatt clarifies that Sushant was never offered Sadak 2 in his statement to Police

On Monday, July 27, Mahesh Bhatt was seen leaving the Santacruz Police station after his statement was recorded. The veteran filmmaker was accompanied by his staff. He was wearing a face shield. In his statement, Bhatt clarified that the actor was never offered Sadak 2. He said that the film was going to have Sanjay Dutt as the lead since it was a sequel to Sadak which originally starred Dutt.

In fact, Sushant had reportedly shown interest in working with Bhatt and had requested to be a part of Sadak 2. With that being said, Bhatt further revealed that he had only met the actor once in 2018 and in February 2020 at his Bandra apartment. They discussed everything from books, to his Youtube channel and other things. He further clarified that not work-related or professional matter was discussed between the two of them.

Sushant Singh Rajput died of suicide on June 14. The actor was found dead in his apartment in Bandra, Mumbai. Mumbai Police is currently investigating his death. According to Mumbai Police, around 40 statements have been recorded so far.

ALSO READ: Sushant Singh Rajput Death: Mahesh Bhatt records his statement at Santacruz Police station in Mumbai



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/305r5rS
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paresh Rawal replaces Rishi Kapoor and resumes shoot for Sharmaji Namkeen June 30, 2021 at 04:06PM

As the Maharashtra government announced some ease in lockdown restrictions, many films have resumed their shoots. Late actor Rishi Kapoor's last film Sharmaji Namkeen has also gone on floors. Rishi played the central character in the movie and passed away on April 30, last year. His remaining portions of the film were taken over by veteran actor Paresh Rawal. Paresh Rawal started shooting for the remaining portions in March this year. However, with the second wave of the novel coronavirus, the shoot came to a halt again. According to a daily, Paresh Rawal has resumed the shoot for an important sequence at a school in Goregaon, Mumbai which also features Juhi Chawla and Satish Kaushik. The team along with Paresh Rawal will shoot for a week-long schedule, after which the movie will wrap up and go for the post-production process. The makers are hoping to release the film on Rishi Kapoor’s birth anniversary on September 4. Helmed by Hitesh Bhatia Sharmaji Namkeen revolves around ...

Irrfan Khan to be seen on the silver screen in 2021 with the release of The Song of Scorpions December 28, 2020 at 07:02PM

Actor Irrfan Khan, who passed away in April this year, will be seen on the silver screen for one last time in 2021. The actor's last film titled The Song of Scorpions will release in theatres next year. The Song of Scorpions was first premiered in 2017 at the Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland. Written and directed by Anup Singh, the film will be released in early 2021. Abhishek Pathak, producer and director at Panorama Spotlight, in a statement said, "We will be offering this film to the audiences as a tribute to the beloved star of Indian cinema. The era of cinema in India and abroad has benefitted from his acting prowess and we're happy to have canvassed his swansong." Irrfan's son Babil Khan shared the film's motion poster on Instagram and wrote, "One more time, perhaps not the last. #thesongofscorpions (sic)."   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Babil (@babil.i.k) The Song of Scorpio...

The city of Patna boycotts Salman Khan over actor's suicide June 23, 2020 at 10:50AM

Patna-born Bollywood star Sushant Singh Rajput has attained a much larger stardom after his sudden and shocking suicide on June 14, than before. While his death has triggered off a massive outrage against the spirit of nepotism that prevails in Mumbai’s film industry, the ramifications of the tragedy can be felt and heard far and wide across India. In Patna, the capital city of Bihar where Rajput was born, the people have taken a vow to ban superstar Salman Khan, filmmaker Karan Johar and actress Alia Bhatt as these are seen to be emblems of the clannish culture in Mumbai that prevented Sushant Singh Rajput from realizing his full potential in Hindi cinema. Since Sunday Bihar has been plunged into a state of relentless grief and anger over the death of their star-son Rajput who ended his life at the age of 34, allegedly because of what has come to be known as the ‘nepo(tism) gang’ in Mumbai. On Thursday hordes of young Rajput fans in Patna marched to Salman Khan’s Being Human clothes...