Skip to main content

Actress Juhi Chawla withdraws plea against her 5G roll-out case from Delhi High Court July 29, 2021 at 04:32PM

Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla dropped her appeal against the dismissal of her case against 5G wireless network technology from the Delhi High Court on Thursday.

Actress Juhi Chawla withdraws plea against her 5G roll-out case from Delhi High Court

Following a declaration from Chawla's lawyer, advocate Deepak Khosla, Justice Jayant Nath allowed the plea to be withdrawn

Court said, "The plaintiff's learned counsel (Chawla) wishes to withdraw the application with the option of appealing to the appellate court. The application is denied since it has been withdrawn”

Chawla had filed the application to have her case against the 5G rollout "rejected" instead of "dismissed."

Chawla's lawyer contended that the plaint could only be rejected or returned under the Civil Procedure Code, not dismissed because it never reached up to the level of suit.

After Chawla opted not to pursue the plea for relief, the court gave Chawla a week to deposit Rs 20 lakh in expenses. Chawla also withdrew his request for a return of court fees.

The court dismissed Chawla's and two other’s complaints against the 5G rollout in June, calling it "defective," "abuse of process of law," and filed for "gaining notoriety," and imposing costs of Rs 20 lakh.

The plaint, which raised concerns about health risks associated with 5G technology, was "unmaintainable" and "stuffed with unnecessary Scandalous, frivolous, and vexatious averments" that are likely to be dismissed, according to Justice J R Midha.

The court stated that the actress-environmentalist and others filed the lawsuit to garner notoriety, which was evident when Chawla shared the video conference link of the hearing on her social media account, resulting in three interruptions by unknown miscreants despite numerous warnings.

Also Read: “Defective and done for media publicity,” says Delhi HC while dismissing Juhi Chawla’s 5G petition



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/3rFcjnT
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paresh Rawal replaces Rishi Kapoor and resumes shoot for Sharmaji Namkeen June 30, 2021 at 04:06PM

As the Maharashtra government announced some ease in lockdown restrictions, many films have resumed their shoots. Late actor Rishi Kapoor's last film Sharmaji Namkeen has also gone on floors. Rishi played the central character in the movie and passed away on April 30, last year. His remaining portions of the film were taken over by veteran actor Paresh Rawal. Paresh Rawal started shooting for the remaining portions in March this year. However, with the second wave of the novel coronavirus, the shoot came to a halt again. According to a daily, Paresh Rawal has resumed the shoot for an important sequence at a school in Goregaon, Mumbai which also features Juhi Chawla and Satish Kaushik. The team along with Paresh Rawal will shoot for a week-long schedule, after which the movie will wrap up and go for the post-production process. The makers are hoping to release the film on Rishi Kapoor’s birth anniversary on September 4. Helmed by Hitesh Bhatia Sharmaji Namkeen revolves around ...

Irrfan Khan to be seen on the silver screen in 2021 with the release of The Song of Scorpions December 28, 2020 at 07:02PM

Actor Irrfan Khan, who passed away in April this year, will be seen on the silver screen for one last time in 2021. The actor's last film titled The Song of Scorpions will release in theatres next year. The Song of Scorpions was first premiered in 2017 at the Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland. Written and directed by Anup Singh, the film will be released in early 2021. Abhishek Pathak, producer and director at Panorama Spotlight, in a statement said, "We will be offering this film to the audiences as a tribute to the beloved star of Indian cinema. The era of cinema in India and abroad has benefitted from his acting prowess and we're happy to have canvassed his swansong." Irrfan's son Babil Khan shared the film's motion poster on Instagram and wrote, "One more time, perhaps not the last. #thesongofscorpions (sic)."   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Babil (@babil.i.k) The Song of Scorpio...

The city of Patna boycotts Salman Khan over actor's suicide June 23, 2020 at 10:50AM

Patna-born Bollywood star Sushant Singh Rajput has attained a much larger stardom after his sudden and shocking suicide on June 14, than before. While his death has triggered off a massive outrage against the spirit of nepotism that prevails in Mumbai’s film industry, the ramifications of the tragedy can be felt and heard far and wide across India. In Patna, the capital city of Bihar where Rajput was born, the people have taken a vow to ban superstar Salman Khan, filmmaker Karan Johar and actress Alia Bhatt as these are seen to be emblems of the clannish culture in Mumbai that prevented Sushant Singh Rajput from realizing his full potential in Hindi cinema. Since Sunday Bihar has been plunged into a state of relentless grief and anger over the death of their star-son Rajput who ended his life at the age of 34, allegedly because of what has come to be known as the ‘nepo(tism) gang’ in Mumbai. On Thursday hordes of young Rajput fans in Patna marched to Salman Khan’s Being Human clothes...