Skip to main content

"Barun should think before talking," Karanvir Bohra lashes out at Barun Sobti September 26, 2020 at 10:43AM

Barun Sobti’s proclamation that television actors are given a raw deal in cinema, has not gone down well with fellow-actor Karanvir Bohra from television, who says he owes his entire career to television.

"Barun should think before talking," Karanvir Bohra lashes out at Barun Sobti

“I can’t say filmmakers have been unfair to me. And neither should Barun, whom I like a lot as an actor, say this. He should think twice before making such a statement. He should not generalize in such a sweeping manner. Bollywood has given a chance to many television actors including Barun and me. Hasn’t he done some good feature films like Tu Hai Mera Sunday and 22 Yards? Mouni Roy is another television actor who has done well in films. I’ve done films too. I’ve never felt side-lined by the movie industry,” says Karanvir, last seen on the large screen in the film Humein Tumse Pyar Kitna.

Karanvir wants Barun to be more specific. “Who are these people from the film industry who have side-lined Barun? He should come out with names, and not malign the whole film industry? Barun should know that these are dangerous times; naming shaming is the name of the game. Me? I love the Bollywood industry. It’s amazing! It has given a livelihood to thousands and hope to millions.”

Karanvir feels actors like Barun Sobti are unhappy with the film industry for being denied access to the inner circle of Bollywood. “Arrey who wants to be in the inner circle? Make your own inner circle. Be a Shah Rukh Khan or a Sushant Singh Rajput. Be a superstar from television to cinema.”

Also Read: Karanvir Bohra cleans litter at the airport before boarding the flight



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/3cyooDZ
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paresh Rawal replaces Rishi Kapoor and resumes shoot for Sharmaji Namkeen June 30, 2021 at 04:06PM

As the Maharashtra government announced some ease in lockdown restrictions, many films have resumed their shoots. Late actor Rishi Kapoor's last film Sharmaji Namkeen has also gone on floors. Rishi played the central character in the movie and passed away on April 30, last year. His remaining portions of the film were taken over by veteran actor Paresh Rawal. Paresh Rawal started shooting for the remaining portions in March this year. However, with the second wave of the novel coronavirus, the shoot came to a halt again. According to a daily, Paresh Rawal has resumed the shoot for an important sequence at a school in Goregaon, Mumbai which also features Juhi Chawla and Satish Kaushik. The team along with Paresh Rawal will shoot for a week-long schedule, after which the movie will wrap up and go for the post-production process. The makers are hoping to release the film on Rishi Kapoor’s birth anniversary on September 4. Helmed by Hitesh Bhatia Sharmaji Namkeen revolves around ...

Irrfan Khan to be seen on the silver screen in 2021 with the release of The Song of Scorpions December 28, 2020 at 07:02PM

Actor Irrfan Khan, who passed away in April this year, will be seen on the silver screen for one last time in 2021. The actor's last film titled The Song of Scorpions will release in theatres next year. The Song of Scorpions was first premiered in 2017 at the Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland. Written and directed by Anup Singh, the film will be released in early 2021. Abhishek Pathak, producer and director at Panorama Spotlight, in a statement said, "We will be offering this film to the audiences as a tribute to the beloved star of Indian cinema. The era of cinema in India and abroad has benefitted from his acting prowess and we're happy to have canvassed his swansong." Irrfan's son Babil Khan shared the film's motion poster on Instagram and wrote, "One more time, perhaps not the last. #thesongofscorpions (sic)."   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Babil (@babil.i.k) The Song of Scorpio...

The city of Patna boycotts Salman Khan over actor's suicide June 23, 2020 at 10:50AM

Patna-born Bollywood star Sushant Singh Rajput has attained a much larger stardom after his sudden and shocking suicide on June 14, than before. While his death has triggered off a massive outrage against the spirit of nepotism that prevails in Mumbai’s film industry, the ramifications of the tragedy can be felt and heard far and wide across India. In Patna, the capital city of Bihar where Rajput was born, the people have taken a vow to ban superstar Salman Khan, filmmaker Karan Johar and actress Alia Bhatt as these are seen to be emblems of the clannish culture in Mumbai that prevented Sushant Singh Rajput from realizing his full potential in Hindi cinema. Since Sunday Bihar has been plunged into a state of relentless grief and anger over the death of their star-son Rajput who ended his life at the age of 34, allegedly because of what has come to be known as the ‘nepo(tism) gang’ in Mumbai. On Thursday hordes of young Rajput fans in Patna marched to Salman Khan’s Being Human clothes...