Skip to main content

California Supreme Court denies Brad Pitt's appeal to review custody case with Angelina Jolie October 28, 2021 at 01:07PM

Hollywood star Brad Pitt’s appeal regarding the ongoing custody case with Angelina Jolie has been denied by the California Supreme Court. In September 2021, attorneys for Pitt petitioned the high court to review the case after judge John Ouderkirk was disqualified, effectively voiding a previous ruling that granted Pitt more time with the former couple's five minor children.

California Supreme Court denies Brad Pitt's appeal to review custody case with Angelina Jolie

According to People tabloid, on October 27, the high court upheld the appellate court's disqualification decision in a ruling, simply stating, “Petition and stay denied.”

A representative for Pitt said that the court's previous decision “was based on a technical procedural issue and the Supreme Court's decision not to review that procedural issue does not change the factual evidence which led the trial judge to reach their clear conclusion about what is in the children's best interests. We will continue to do everything that's legally necessary based on the detailed findings of the independent experts.”

In a statement, Jolie's attorney said that the actress welcomed the decision. “Ms. Jolie is focused on her family and pleased that her children's wellbeing will not be guided by unethical behavior,” her attorney said.

In July 2021, Ouderkirk was disqualified for “failure to make mandatory disclosures” about other legal proceedings involving Pitt's legal counseling, which ‘might cause an objective person, aware of all of the facts’ to doubt Ouderkirk's impartiality in the case, the court opinion read.

In Pitt's petition, his attorneys argued that disqualifying Ouderkirk “effectively upended the constitutionally authorized temporary judging system in California” and now “throws open the door to disqualification challenges. Jolie's team argued that Ouderkirk, who had been serving as the couple's private judge, could be biased in his rulings considering he had failed to disclose continuing or new cases Pitt's attorneys had hired him to oversee.”

When Ouderkirk was hired in 2016, both sides listed their business relationships with the judge, and he has been extended twice during their five-year custody battle. At issue, according to the Appellate Court, were additional cases he was later hired to judge, which he didn't disclose to Jolie's

attorneys.Pitt's attorneys claim in the petition that Jolie had been "made aware of Judge Ouderkirk's significant professional history with Pitt's counsel from the very start.”

However, for the time being the custody arrangement regarding their minor children — Pax, 17, Zahara, 16, Shiloh, 15, and twins Vivienne and Knox, 13, now adhere to the November 2018 agreement.

Also Read: George Clooney and Brad Pitt to reunite in Jon Watts’ next for Apple Studios



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/3bgoz6L
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paresh Rawal replaces Rishi Kapoor and resumes shoot for Sharmaji Namkeen June 30, 2021 at 04:06PM

As the Maharashtra government announced some ease in lockdown restrictions, many films have resumed their shoots. Late actor Rishi Kapoor's last film Sharmaji Namkeen has also gone on floors. Rishi played the central character in the movie and passed away on April 30, last year. His remaining portions of the film were taken over by veteran actor Paresh Rawal. Paresh Rawal started shooting for the remaining portions in March this year. However, with the second wave of the novel coronavirus, the shoot came to a halt again. According to a daily, Paresh Rawal has resumed the shoot for an important sequence at a school in Goregaon, Mumbai which also features Juhi Chawla and Satish Kaushik. The team along with Paresh Rawal will shoot for a week-long schedule, after which the movie will wrap up and go for the post-production process. The makers are hoping to release the film on Rishi Kapoor’s birth anniversary on September 4. Helmed by Hitesh Bhatia Sharmaji Namkeen revolves around ...

Irrfan Khan to be seen on the silver screen in 2021 with the release of The Song of Scorpions December 28, 2020 at 07:02PM

Actor Irrfan Khan, who passed away in April this year, will be seen on the silver screen for one last time in 2021. The actor's last film titled The Song of Scorpions will release in theatres next year. The Song of Scorpions was first premiered in 2017 at the Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland. Written and directed by Anup Singh, the film will be released in early 2021. Abhishek Pathak, producer and director at Panorama Spotlight, in a statement said, "We will be offering this film to the audiences as a tribute to the beloved star of Indian cinema. The era of cinema in India and abroad has benefitted from his acting prowess and we're happy to have canvassed his swansong." Irrfan's son Babil Khan shared the film's motion poster on Instagram and wrote, "One more time, perhaps not the last. #thesongofscorpions (sic)."   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Babil (@babil.i.k) The Song of Scorpio...

The city of Patna boycotts Salman Khan over actor's suicide June 23, 2020 at 10:50AM

Patna-born Bollywood star Sushant Singh Rajput has attained a much larger stardom after his sudden and shocking suicide on June 14, than before. While his death has triggered off a massive outrage against the spirit of nepotism that prevails in Mumbai’s film industry, the ramifications of the tragedy can be felt and heard far and wide across India. In Patna, the capital city of Bihar where Rajput was born, the people have taken a vow to ban superstar Salman Khan, filmmaker Karan Johar and actress Alia Bhatt as these are seen to be emblems of the clannish culture in Mumbai that prevented Sushant Singh Rajput from realizing his full potential in Hindi cinema. Since Sunday Bihar has been plunged into a state of relentless grief and anger over the death of their star-son Rajput who ended his life at the age of 34, allegedly because of what has come to be known as the ‘nepo(tism) gang’ in Mumbai. On Thursday hordes of young Rajput fans in Patna marched to Salman Khan’s Being Human clothes...